Thursday, April 29, 2010

Match Calendar



The idea was to create as unique a calendar so that the process of its presenting would become an outstanding event. Alongside with this, it was important to expose theidea of "energy", as it is predetermined by the name and logo of the company. Each page is a month and it looks like a comb made of matches that correspond to the days. The matches are real and the construction of the calendar is absolutely safe

- 9.8 inches wide, 5 inches high.
- Bound on metal spring 1.2 inches diameter.
- Silk printing 2 colors.
- Matches are dipped in a special chemical solution and covered with sulphur, striking surface stripes are applied on both sides of a stand base.

*Info provided via Yurko Gutsulyak's Behance portfolio.


My heart just melted a little. How smart and useful!
Design by Yurko Gutsulyak

5 comments:

  1. I know! I must say though, if I were to be picky about it, I think it would have looked amazing if the orange was replaced by yellow or lime green. I'm just not a huge fan of orange in general. Mind you orange was a big color in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. www.cmykinky.com ??? will it ever see the light of day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous,

    I appreciate your eagerness/excitement for the launch of the site, but you must be patient as it is an ongoing process which I am not rushing. It will be ready within the next 2 months, that I can promise.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you said it would be ready back in January, god you're lazy.

    ReplyDelete